Program Director – The Program Director of the KMLFC shall have the following responsibilities:
- In general, supervise and control all of the business and affairs of the KMLFC;
- Conduct all meetings of the Advisory Board;
- Work with local park districts to secure and reserve fields for home games;
- Perform all duties usually pertaining to the office of the President.
- Duties pertaining to securing, educating coaches for all teams, securing league and tournament play
Secretary – The Secretary shall have the following responsibilities:
- Keep and present minutes of the meetings of the Advisory Board;
- Make any notices and handle any correspondence required by the by-laws or made necessary in the normal course of KMLFC operations;
- Maintain and manage the records of KMLFC (e.g. administrative documents, concussion education acknowledgments);
- Maintain the KMLFC website, including team schedules, daily scores, etc.;
- Coordinate team pictures process with third parties;
- Perform all duties usually pertaining to the office of Secretary and such other duties as may be assigned by the President or the Advisory Board from time to time.
Treasurer – The Treasurer shall have the following responsibilities:
- Work With Community Education for funds of the KMLFC;
- Player account balances, including credits earned and applied;
Tryout Director – The Tryout Director shall have the following responsibilities:
- Advertise tryout information as directed by the Board;
- Recruit eligible players;
- Schedule, plan and execute the KMLFC tryouts;
- Collect registration fees and return fees to try out participants who are not placed on a team;
- Communicate try out results;
- Supply with player’s preferred uniform numbers and sizes to facilitate uniform order submission;
- Coordinate annual equipment purchase with coaches and selected vendors;
- Participate in all disciplinary actions taken regarding players.
Tournament Director – The Tournament Director shall have the following responsibilities:
- Responsible for all the planning and execution of KMLFC Tournament, including:
- Solicit and recruit teams to participate in KMLFC tournament;
- Secure parks/fields to play the games;
- Secure and schedule umpires;
- Solicit parents in staffing tournaments for success;
- Resolve game conflicts and disputes that may arise;
- Establish game rules for each age level;
- Recruit Assistant Director(s) to execute tournament at alternate sites.
Community Ed Liaison – The Community Ed Liaison shall have the following responsibilities:
- The representative from the Kettle Moraine Community Education Office will serve as a liaison between the KMLFC and the School District of Kettle Moraine. He/she will provide office assistance as needed. The Community Education Liaison manages the receipts and disbursements of the Jr. Laser Softball Advisory board, and works with the Treasurer to prepare financial status reports for Board review.
EXPECTATIONS OF THE ADVISORY BOARD
- Establish policy for the KMLFC Program.
- Manage all financial aspects of the Program.
- Select the coaches for the program. Establish expectations for the coaches and hold the coaches responsible for meeting these expectations. Provide adequate training for the coaches.
- Oversee player selection for the Program through the Tryout Committee. Establish expectations for the players and parents.
- Register each team in a league that challenges players to develop and is considered appropriate for their skill level.
- Provide equipment and uniforms required for practice and games.
- Host the KMLFC All American Classic Tournament each year.
- Conduct periodic Board meetings (minimum of 6 meetings per year).
- Oversee the Grievance procedure.
- Support the players, coaches, parents, and KM High School program.
- Comply with the Zero Tolerance Policy Against Abuse, contained herein.
The Board may change any of the rules and regulations in this entire document at any time with a majority vote. In instances of a deadlock vote, Program Coordinator shall have final determination.